Translate

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

About Me

Hello! Before I start writing on this blog, I'm going to tell you all a little bit about myself. The first thing you generally find out about someone is their name, but for me that will not be the case. I am writing this blog, which shall surely be exciting and very readable, for my AP Composition class. I am currently a senior in high school, and am excited to be finishing up high school after three long years. School has been a huge part of my life, especially the last couple years. After being bored with my relatively easy schedule freshman year, I decided to take three honors and two AP classes. Since then I have been doing everything I can to challenge myself in school, trying to take the toughest schedule possible (or at least close to it) including classes at the city college, and hopefully some online this year.

Nothing too interesting has happened so far in my life, unfortunately. When I was four, my parents and I (yes I am an only child) moved to Texas to help advance my father's career. Thankfully, two years later we moved back to Napa (the weather is so much better here.) I haven't traveled much, and have never left the United States, the closest I got being the border with Mexico on a trip with the high school orchestra, which I have the honor of being a part of. I have been playing the violin since fourth grade, but have not put in as much time as I should have.

 My other main extracurricular is tennis. This spring will be my fourth season on the Napa High Tennis team, and I cant wait. We are going to do better this year (hopefully) and I am already excited even though it is months away. I enjoy watching professional tennis, and its stuff like this that keeps me entertained. Agnieszka Radwanska (the player from the video) is currently my favorite player, and is ranked number three in the world. I went to the Bank of the West Classic in Stanford over the summer and not only got to see her play, but got her to sign the back of my shirt!

You can almost read it!

 Besides watching tennis, I also enjoy reading in my spare time. I am currently reading The Travels of Marco Polo. While its legitimacy and accuracy are questionable, I am enjoying it because I love learning about history and other cultures. Saying I do not enjoy writing as much as reading would be quite the understatement. I hope that my blogging this year in AP Language and Composition will change that. So far all I can say is that I like this more than essays. Anyway, I hope to enjoy this year as  much as I have the past few, and will be posting again soon!

-Evan V




















No comments:

Post a Comment